Falafel Cafe Birmingham, Alabama Review
If you’re in Birmingham, Alabama, you ought to try the Falafel Café on 19th St S and 4th Ave S. It is run by a guy named Moses who’s from Bethlehem, and the Jewish/Middle Eastern fare here is fantastic.
- Almost everyone is a fan of the fresh dishes, and these people here prepare the food virtually perfectly.
- The staff people are very friendly and warm, and you’ll be greeted like a close friend when you return.
- You can try out various samples, though you must absolutely check out the shawarma, falafel, yogurt salad with cucumbers, Jerusalem salad, tabbouleh, kofta kabob, and the lentil soup.
- It’s very clean, not too noisy, and the prices are very reasonable.
- There’s takeout, there’s no alcohol so it’s good to bring kids here, and it has a TV. It’s a very casual place and it’s not all that noisy either.
- There’s bike parking.
- There are 10 tables available, and most of the time you can get a seat.
- Like many fast food joints, there’s no waiter service. You have to go to the counter and give your order, with the menu displayed right over the counter.
- There’s also no delivery service. You have to come here if you want to order the food.
- When you do get here, parking may be a problem.
- It’s only open until 8 PM, and it’s closed on Sundays.
- There’s no Wi-Fi.
Just come here like many locals and visitors do, and order takeout.