If you live in Birmingham, you don’t really need to read a Highlands Bar & Grill Birmingham restaurant review. You know they’re fantastic. Even visitors know about the great food and service that this restaurant offers.
In fact, many residents in Alabama who live outside Birmingham tend to visit the city just to eat here. This is a truly iconic spot. It’s a mainstay in many Best Restaurant lists nationwide, and often it’s the only Alabama restaurant included in such lists.
The history of Highlands Bar & Grill began with Frank Stitts. He developed his culinary skills in France and California and then came back to his native Alabama as a 28-year old restaurateur in 1982. His focus on Southern cuisine began many decades before it became trendy throughout the country.
He was imaginative and was able to present Southern fare in more innovative ways. He used mushrooms and slivers of ham to pretty up his baked grits. He served red wine with red snapper and ham hock sauce. He offered flounder along with lady pea succotash.
Not surprisingly, the reputation of his restaurant grew, and now Frank Stitts owns 3 highly regarded restaurants in Birmingham. But the Highlands Bar & Grill remains the most famous.
Alabama is making remarkable headway in the brewery business. Sites like Gadsden, Birmingham, and other places, are opening many craft breweries. Avondale Brewing Company, situated on the east part of downtown Birmingham, is a remarkable place to acquire a pint craft beer in relaxed outdoor and indoor seating. It is situated in a reclamation site, on the other hand, is secure as long as you keep close as possible to the new restaurant and brewery locations.
The historic building of Avondale Brewing Company has an infamous and rich background, having been a place to a surplus of businesses. For years, the structure has been a place to a firehouse, a post office, a bank, and many years were also a common local bar which is the Long Branch Saloon. The second floor of the structure was a secret bordello that serves saloon clients below. According to the myth, the structure has been haunted by an ex-lady of the brothel, today known to existing tenants lovingly as Meredith.
The Avondale boasts roughly 8 craft brews on all given day and flights are accessible. The IPAs are superb and one is extremely high gravity, like about 9.5 percent. The accessible craft brews are itemized on a blackboard above the bar. Servants or waiters are friendly and helpful, and they pass out chips and snacks eagerly.
Are you one of those people who really love to drink beer and wine? If your answer is yes, Hop City Beer and Wine is the best place to consider and visit. They specialized in sodas, sakes, ciders, wine and beer. They were established in the year 2012. Hop City Beer and Wine is committed to excellence in beer and wine selection and knowledge ever since they have started in Atlanta.
I’m a wine drinker. Before I moved to Birmingham, I had a client for my Ewa Beach towing company that was from there and she recommended a few spots to check out. Hop City Beer and Wine was one of them!
- They opened a restaurant in Birmingham which is number two to open in 2012 and continues their commitment forward to new clientele.
- In addition to this, Hop City Beer and Wine carries 4 meads, 24 sodas, 24 ciders, 24 sakes, 850 wines and 1100 different beers.
- Apart from this, they have 60 draft taps that customers can either take home a growler from or enjoy a pint while visiting them.
- They have friendly and knowledgeable staff and personnel who will answer all your questions and concerns.
If you and your family love to eat finger foods, Highlands Bar & Grill is the perfect place to visit and consider. Once you decide to visit Birmingham, this restaurant is an ideal place to eat and dine. They offer delicious appetizers that come with affordable prices. If you love to drink wine, they offer tasteful wine you will surely love. When it comes to fish selection, you don’t need to worry since they offer also offer fresh fish selection that you can opt from. Highlands Bar & Grill is indeed a must eat place for the locals in Birmingham. In terms of atmosphere and customer service, this restaurant is the best choice for you. Client satisfaction is their top priority and they will do everything in their power to make their clients happy and satisfied. If you want to taste of the best meals of Birmingham, Highlands Bar & Grill is the ideal place to visit.
- Highlands Bar & Grill has wide selection of fresh fish meal, delicious appetizer, dessert and wine you will definitely love.
- Some of their offered meals include oysters, deep cove, fresh gulf shrimp, crab claws, Guadalupe special, Today’s Libation and many more.
- When it comes to appetizer, they offer chicken soup, beef carpaccio, baked grits, grilled pork belly, bay scallops, baked oysters, stone claws, bay shrimp, mixed lettuces and a lot more.
- In terms of main course, Highlands Bar & Grill offers roasted pork, grilled breast duck, gulf pompano, Abrams Amberjack, seafood muddle, beef cheeks, sweetbreads and New York Strip.